“I don’t know where I am going but I’m on my way.”
Which Place, I may not be sure about that but I just go somewhere different each time!
“Once a year go somewhere you have never been before.”– Dalai Lama
But the main question is what does the title mean? Am I a responsible Blogger? Are you One?
So first lets see, What actually is Responsible Tourism?
Why do I promote Responsible Tourism?
- Because today tourism is one of the main economic activities and its impact on the hosting territories cannot be ignored
- Because there are more than one billion tourists travelling every year in the world
- Because tourism provides 200 million direct jobs which represent 8% of global employment
- Because tourism is expected to grow aggressively in the coming years, supported by the development of transport and communication
- Because tourism implemented without the compliance of the principles of sustainability, solidarity and social responsibility (especially with concerns to mass tourism) has often had very negative effects on the environment, the cultures, the societies and the local economies in hosting countries
It is therefore necessary for tourism development to establish specific limits and conditions for its development.
- Responsible tourism proposes concrete solutions and alternatives to this situation keeping in mind the interests of the tourist, the local population and the tourism operators.
How do I promote Responsible Blogging?
After the journey, s/he should go deeper into the topics discovered during the responsible touristic experience. S/he should inform the others about the journry so that “our responsible travel” experience does not remain “private” but influences our social networks, spreading the idea that “Travelling Responsibly” is better!
Where Do I start?
Garry Wilson, Mainstream Product & Purchasing Director, for the TUI Group argues in an interview specially recorded, for Cape Town and Africa, that Responsible Tourism is now core, mainstream business for TUI.
With the opportunity to travel, its always comes a new responsibility for all travelers. So let’s be a responsible traveler and encourage responsible tourism in the world.